Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Week Partying with Jesus

When I was on the outside looking in, I thought a Christian life with all it's "rules" was limited and boring. I couldn't figure out how people could ever commit to such a way of life.  The thing is in school we are challenged to be learned people in regards to everything except religion.  It's quite accepted (with society) to be educated and ignorant about faith. That was me, I believed that Christianity was a myth that people bought into because they needed a fairy tale.  It wasn't until I "joined" (smile) that I found that chemists, physicists, doctors, engineers - all types of highly professional, extremely intelligent people followed Christ! The same was for the Christian lifestyle, since returning to my Catholic faith, I have found that God is so much fun!



Let's take last week for example:



Tuesday night, we had a Parish Movie Night.  The Parish hall was decked out in movie memorabilia, tables covered with summery tablecloths and a yummy pizza dinner was provided. We watched, "The Perfect Game," (such a cute movie) and had a great turn-out.




On Friday, we had our annual parish night at Angels Anaheim Stadium.  Father joined us for the Big Bang Fireworks Friday and though the game was over four hours long (boo) and we (Angels) lost; the firework show was worth the wait!




On Saturday, our youth minister invited us over to his house for a BBQ, before we all start teaching confirmation classes this September.  He and his wife prepared a yummy Greek BBQ (thank you) and for the first time since my teen years I played video games (which I was horrible at).


We love to have fun for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment