Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Little on Mexican Weddings


Mexican weddings are a community event. Generally the bride doesn’t have your traditional bridesmaids, but rather Madrinas & Padrinos which would translate to Godmothers & Godfathers. The Godparents usually get the honor of sponsoring something for the wedding. In doing so, they help alleviate some of the financial stress for the bride & the groom and begin their role as godparents who will look after & aide the sanctity of the marriage.

Why am I talking about this?


One of my dearest friends got engaged this past June (Yeahy!); soon after she asked me to be a Madrina in her wedding, what an honor! I along with a couple other girlfriends will be sponsoring the centerpieces for her wedding. While flowers can be really expensive, I have a plan!



Yesterday, I was walking down the isle at the Salvation Army near mi casa and came across this cute piggybank. It’s black and you can write on it with chalk, how fun!


When I got home I decorated my bank with hearts, engagement rings, flowers and the names of the Bride & Groom and decided to get started on saving the money I will need to provide the best center pieces a bride can ever dream of (and a groom for that matter). I need to save a few hundred dollars and I thought, maybe I can do this by getting rid of some books, shoes, and other items. So, this weekend I will begin my savings plan by having a yard sale! Also, I plan to sell my books to Book Off. Wohoo! I can’t wait to get a piggy bank started, I feel like such a little kid! Am I bringing piggybanks back like Justin Timberlake brought sexy back? Ah, a girl can dream.
 






 

5 comments:

  1. I have one follower hip-hip hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find a piggy bank for me because you never know... hint hint ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on it... You just keep me posted Besos! Yesterday I wen t to Book Off at the Wesminster Mall and sold $65 in novels! Glad my bookworm self is paying off. Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL you are too cute! i didn't know that about madrinas and padrinos! and i am finally caught up on all of your blog entries hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading! Yes, so when you get hitched - now know. Though Vietnamese weddings give money as gifts right, same idea I gues:0)

    ReplyDelete