Friday, August 9, 2013

About a Dog



I was born in a small farm in Michoacan, Mexico; surrounded by chickens, rabbits, sheep, goats… lots of animals. When I turned seven my parents sold the animals and we relocated to sunny California to start a new life. During the next 16 years I missed my animal companions, the open space.
Christmas Morning 2012 with his new toy

I always wanted a dog of my own; in fact, I always thought that the man that gave me a dog as an expression of his love would be the man I married! (smile)

The fairy & the dragon 2003
Mama loves her baby 2009

When I was of age, the pain of a break-up motivated me and in August 16th of 2003 I adopted my one and only dog (thus far). Though I treat him more like a spoiled, medium-sized, fluffy child, he is my closest connection to nature. Thru him I have learned to stop and smell the bushes (I mean flowers) to crave the outdoors and NEED to be immersed in daily, to understand to some simplistic degree the unconditional love God has for me, to expect a party every time I enter the door to my house like the down-right God’s princess I am (wink), to experience firsthand that no matter how smelly, tired, angry, ill-tempered, I can get -- he will choose my side always, that wanting to be physically close to someone is love, and love doesn’t take no for answer when in need of affection! That friends’ are always best if you get to share your intimate self, that using your ears more than your mouth makes relationships stronger...
Celebrating Summer 2010
Tenth Birthday June 2013

I love the bumper sticker that reads: “Who rescued who?” Maybe only animal lovers will understand that phrase, but really my dog has saved me so many times (in the future I will share how).
For now let me just say that the day I took a leap and committed to care & love my furry companion was a day that would forever improve the quality of my life.
Halloween 2011


2 comments:

  1. I love that sticker "Who Rescued Who?"... our furry family members are our little angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Love your kitty tattoo too bad am afraid of needles or I would too pay an homage to my doggie in ink. :P

    ReplyDelete