Thursday, August 8, 2013

Girlfriends, My Chosen Family


When I first began my conversion, I had many fears.  A big one was that I would have to give up all my Non-Catholic friends or that my Non-Catholic friends wouldn’t like my new found faith and would reject me.  These were friends that I had since high school and even childhood - we had many years under our belts!  

Though at first I was really private about my faith (even ashamed to share it with them) fearing the worst, they showed me that love tolerates, welcomes and accepts change.  In the years since then, some of them have come to services with me, read books about my faith, and even attended Catholic Spiritual Retreats.  Their curiosity has heightened about God.  In addition, they look out for me. Recently everyone was talking about Fifty Shades of Grey and all my girls advised me not to read it because they knew I wouldn’t like it.

The female godly friendships that I have made since my conversion fuel my desire for holiness.  We have God in common and that has made the relationships grow at light speed.  They are instrumental in my daily spiritual transformation. I love them so!

God is good! He takes you were you are at and builds from there. Today I can boast about the many close girlfriends that I have (both believing and non-believing).  They are extremely dear to me as I know they are to God too!

2 comments:

  1. i still have your book and CDs!!! thank you for sharing them with me...you have helped me so much when my life was in a turmoil! <3 u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being open to God that is uniquely important. =0)

    ReplyDelete