Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Love is All Around Us

I must share that growing up in a culture of Mexican telenovelas (Soap Operas) I thought the highest form of love was romantic love.  The actors on screen followed a pattern of trials and tribulations; from poor to rich,  from hurting each other, to vengeance to finally the much anticipated happy ending.  It was a rather entertaining journey that the viewers went on each year with the stereotypical characters and the never changing plot scheme.  The problem is that many ignorant people (my naive self included) bought these exaggerated stories as truth...  They formed their idea of love from these far fetched tales and no one ever met up to their idealized perception.


Late 80's & 90's Novelas

In my short years of apprenticeship at the Love University, I have made a simple discovery: Love is love.  Sure there are different types of love, but in the end, "loving is always leaving oneself to go towards others."

God created a world of order, of stability and he gave us many ways to love so that we would lead happy, balanced lives. Today I believe that I need all three to be complete.   

Philia: Love Among Friends


Being the youngest of four (seven years apart from my youngest, older brother) it was only a matter of time before I was destined to create lasting friendships outside of my little family epicenter.  My friends are a group of quite exceptional human beings, they fulfill a need that only "girls" can do so.  I believe that it's crucial to my quality of life to have my girls to run to for any and many reasons.  And I vow (cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye) that if a man ever comes into my life, my girls will still remain ever present in my life as the kindred spirits they have been thus far.


My BFF's

Girls just wanna have Fun!

"And since you hunger for love, I've put on your way all your brothers to love."

Eros: Love Among Lovers

On romantic Love... Here are some quite inexperienced thoughts on the subject... Currently my favorite verse is found in Songs of Solomon 8:4 "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." (WOW!)  I think that pretty much says it all!  I have met many people that are unhappy because they haven't met their significant other (yet).  After years of prayer and searching, no luck.  Maybe it's because I am recently new to this search, but I believe that nurturing the other areas of our lives and continuing our Catholic transformation as we wait helps to keep one content and at peace. 

Daily, God gives us opportunities to love and in loving others I have found utter happiness.  Sure, there are times when I crave the intimacy, romance and unique gifts that only that other person can provide.... But sulking is not part of the Catholic lifestyle. (smile)






Agape: God's Unconditional Love

This is God's perfect love for us... A life can't be complete without Papa Dios.  My parents and family are venues that God utilizes to bestow this utmost gift.  I am a lucky girl! God has blessed me with an incredible bunch who I adore and am incandescently in love with!  I am living in a time where the love that spills from these characters is not taken for granted, they choose to love me everyday as I do them and that is priceless.    

I feel like I should add the importance here is God's agape love for us, in my parents and my siblings I have seen this love personified. But this perfect love comes only from my Papa Dios and it's a love that we should strive to emulate.


 Mi Familia on Earth

 My Nephew & Doggie

 Mis Papas with Santa Hat's :)



"Let us love one another, for love is from God... Because God is love." 1 John 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment