Thursday, August 22, 2013

Must Love Dogs

When I was growing up I dreamed of many things, but never of being a wife or a mother.  In 2007 when I had one of my strongest encounters with God - I even contemplated becoming a nun - cloistered on a beautiful hilltop devoted to my creator... With the passage of time God revealed that path was not what He wanted for me.  Until recently, I thought that my vocation was the single life.  I often saw myself in my mid-thirties (on my own) fostering children and dogs - and eventually adopting a few of each (smile).  That plan gave me peace.  


This past January something occurred and suddenly there was this strange desire to have it all: the husband, the children, the traditional family (with dogs of course). So here I am so completely ignorant of dating courting, having been on two dates since my break-up back in 2005! Only having had one boyfriend my entire life and now God is saying "MARRIAGE" is what I want for you.

"And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course..."

Lucky for me I live in the world of information!  My library has increased to books on Christian courtship, sexuality, etc. 
I've learned a great deal on the subject, but now how do I act? 






Prayer of course has been established.


The problem is am not comfortable with dating websites... There's two frame of minds here: actively looking or actively waiting.  I prefer the second, I am not a recluse if God wants me married I will come across my one-and-only the good old-fashion way... Or God might give me the courage to use technology one of these days... (Wink!) 

"And your love will pass through another self of yours it is he that you seek: Set your mind at rest; he is on your way on the way since the beginning..."



2 comments:

  1. Change is somewhat difficult and scary at times. However if we keep an open mind (and sometimes an open door) the unexpected can happen and lead to amazing things.

    ReplyDelete