Tuesday, August 20, 2013

An Artsy Night

This past weekend my friend had an extra ticket for Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach and invited me to come with.




It was my first time attending this particular event which began in the thirties after some artists came together and re-created classical & contemporary works of art with real people posing as “living pictures.”

I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside.

The night was magical!



There was a professional orchestra that played beautiful music suited for each of the re-created pieces while a narrator told a story utilizing the theme of this years’ festival: “The Big Picture.” 

A Jazz Band Kept us entertained before the show

While the narrator took us down-film memory lane, retelling the beginning of motion pictures to now, hundreds of volunteers put together a 90 minute visual show off intricate pieces of art portraying scenes of classic films and paintings.  At one point they showed the various steps that take place to recreate each piece, which was equivalent to a magician revealing the secrets to his illusions!

This was one of my favorites


The setting too was ideal, an amphitheater, that in the dark of the night allowed for stargazing.


I loved this photograph!


In addition to the show, outside the amphitheater was surrounded by works of arts by local artists (an outside gallery).  There were all sorts of pieces: Paintings, sculptures, photography, jewelry, furniture…  My favorite was the small section displaying works from local students ranging from PreK-12 grade, such talent!



We had dinner at Tivoli Terrace where I saw these doggies, 
I want them for mi casa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment