Thursday, August 29, 2013

God, Love, Sex

Long ago when I was a silly girl I dreamed of having many lovers shocking I know...  Of writing novels and traveling to foreign countries (for inspiration) and having many passionate affairs - that sounded such more thrilling than marriage and children.  They were just naive, foolish dreams really because I was brought up in an extremely traditional, Mexican family (and our culture is fused with Catholicism) so sex was introduced and embedded in my mind as a gift that could only be given in marriage.  No matter how hard I tried to part from such a meaningful definition, I could never give my body to anybody just to satisfy a biological urge.  And it wasn't Catholic guilt (because I wasn't practicing my spirituality then) - it was more the romance of it all, the personal meaning it held to me...


Saint Agustin's conversion is credit to his mother's prayers... So I guess my purity is credited to my mother raising me and of course her fervent prayers.  We can conclude that I am saving myself for marriage more shocking revelations.



Why do I want to share such personal information?  When I was growing up there were many times that I wanted others to validate my decision to wait on sex. Unfortunately, I looked in all the wrong places: magazines, TV shows, movies - pretty much the media; and, I found that all used Nike's advertising logo, "just do it."  I don't want you to think that I am this immensely pure person though I wont dislike you if you do LOL because really am a huge sinner... To be brutally honest, the greatest reason I waited was because I was terrified of getting pregnant.  I didn't want to be one more negative statistic - headline "Another Mexican Teen Pregnant."  It was pride that held me to my conviction, luckily  that has changed and now it is God who motivates me in all subjects of life.



So there you have it the 32-year-old virgin by default.  Strange?  Weird? Uncool? In worldly standards probably, but I am not of this world.  There were plenty of opportunities to change this status, but I chose to keep as is because I am heaven bound. :o)



P.S. It's ok to wait, we can wait together. :o)

Good & Simple read for teens

No comments:

Post a Comment