Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekender

I am still exhausted from the weekend…  On Saturday morning, I helped out at our Annual Parish Festival (at the book booth).  I think I ended buying more than I actually sold!  In addition to shoes I love books!  I am not technologically savvy so I prefer paperbacks, even though they occupy too much space.  It’s tough finding used Catholic books, but I found a couple on Saturday (wohoo).  I am going to be giving a talk to confirmation students on “The Mass” and I found a book that might help me with that and one solely on confirmation (am excited)!  
  

Every year on a Saturday in September our parish hosts “September Fest” which includes games, shopping, live entertainment and delicious, cultural food.  It’s a great way to have fun and raise funds for the parish. 



On Sunday, I headed to the Lyceum Theatre to enjoy Narnia.  I love supporting community theatre and tend to go to many plays during the year.  This was my second performance at the Vanguard University Theatre and overall it was a swell production.  The students really did an impressive job on the costumes and the make-up! 
         

After so much fun, now I need a day off to recuperate (wink). 

No comments:

Post a Comment