Thursday, September 5, 2013

Embrace Yourself!


A couple of years ago, I read Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly, in his book he makes a neat observation: saints didn’t go around trying to be like others, rather they sought to be more “them” in Christ. For example, Saint Francis of Assisi didn’t waste his efforts trying to be more like one of his contemporaries, he lived each moment trying to be more “Francis.”  He found his success in being more the man God created him to be instead of trying to be a bad imitation of someone else.  I found that idea refreshing.  God created me to be the best Penny to embrace my Penny-ness to the fullest and in doing so attain holiness.  Where does this Penny-ness come from? God of course! 


Me gusta la naturaleza mucho! 

I love a cartoon of a man looking at his reflection in the mirror and Christ being the one staring back at him. 



There's hope for us, yet!
 
God tells us that we are uniquely made –let me repeat that there is no replication of you!  You are the only one of your kind!  He does; however, invite us to change, to become more us. So remember that beloved yearbook phrase: “Have a nice summer and don’t ever change.” Discard that, throw it in the trash where it belongs and embrace change, embrace your distinct, godly you-ness everyday.



I am extremely attracted to people that have a mastering of language and can communicate in poetic prose or are articulate in their choice of diction… But if I were to try to speak in that manner I’d sound pretentious and pompous.  I am a California girl a synonym to casual.  And I was born and raised in a modest home so am plebeian by nature. In addition, this is my favorite of all - English is my second language (SMILE).  Thus, my relaxed use of language is embracing my Penny-ness.  Simple words sound natural coming out of my mouth, or so I think (SMILE).  That’s what I try to transmit here on my blog my simplicity.  I am no theologian PHD - I am just this ordinary girl trying to communicate my passion for God & Catholic Faith. Or as some would say, “just  keeping  it real dawg! Love, Peace and Hairgrease!" Ok, now I am just being silly (SMILE)...  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment