Friday, September 20, 2013

Llegaste Tu

I used to be guilty of always looking for people to love me and the more I looked for love the more disillusionment grew in my heart.  My ex-boyfriend will probably be a saint because he dated me when my happiness depended on others.  Why couldn’t he love me more?  Why couldn’t he show it more? Sure my parents and family loved me, but they were blood relation (that didn’t count) – they HAD to love me.  Love was always on a scale and never weighed enough to satisfy that void inside my soul…  People are always saying they have no regrets; but, I do, I regret not opening my life to God sooner.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” Revelation 3:20   

There’s this song in Spanish, Llegaste Tu, and it describes the totality of my state prior to God and what happened when I opened the door to God’s persistent knocking.  You see, God in his infinite wisdom gave us directions on how to live our lives (to put it simply). In the Bible, He asks us TO love.  It’s like that saying “giving is better than receiving,” loving seriously is better than looking for others to love you. Take the initiative and love! 


When I started my spiritual journey, my views of love were distorted and the foundation weakly laid.  I was drowned in loneliness and my heart an empty vacuum.  But as God arrived in my life and began to reign in my heart, “I LOVED.” I loved my family, I loved my friends, I loved my animals, I loved my church community, I loved the world - in doing so I loved God… The more I loved the more my heart filled itself with love.  And that beautiful verse that I never imagined I could express became the result, “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” LOVE! I beckon and challenge you to give it a try and just love your little heart out!      

No comments:

Post a Comment