Sunday, September 29, 2013

Movies & Theatre O My!

This past weekend I had to work on Saturday (boo), I just started a new position and for a little bit my life will be more hectic than usual.  Thus, I opted for a relaxed weekend and rented The Great Gatsby to watch Friday night.  I have a weakness for period pieces and for remakes of literary classics, and I  guess that makes me a tough critic on certain films.  While I never really had strong feelings for the novel, the movie itself was better than I expected, though I wouldn't watch it again...  The costumes were amazing and the scenery a true fairy tale, but the musical score killed it for me.  I have nothing against Jay Z, but rap and hip-hop in an adaptation of a mid-twenties movie - not a successful mixture in my opinion.

On Saturday afternoon my coworkers and I, headed to The Attic Theatre to watch HMS Pinafore and again I wasn't impressed.  I think it's the one of the worst plays that I have seen in awhile.  At least the company was awesome (smile).  After the play we went out to dinner and had some great, girlie conversations.  That was the best part of the evening having some girl time.  


Now to finish the weekend, it's 'Suit Up Sunday" for myself and the teens.  Once in awhile we like dressing to the nines for Jesus (Sunday Mass) and then having Life Night in our Sunday's best.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment