Tuesday, September 16, 2014

World Vision: Sarai

Good Morning, Happy Mexican Independence Day!  Since yesterday I spoke about ways I serve God in my community I decided that today I would continue sharing another way that if you don’t have the time to volunteer you can still do good.  Jesus tells us that where our treasure is there our hearts will also be; thus, I try to use my money on others too.  I stumbled on World Vision four years ago at a Women of Faith conference and since then I have sponsored two girls.  After Wajifa, my first sponsor child, moved away from the community that World Vision serves I was assigned my current child, Sarai.  For thirty-five dollars a month my little girl, her family and her community get food, education & medical care.  On a yearly basis I get updates of my child in a form of a report and a current picture.  I have the option of writing to her as many letters as I please and sending her small gifts.  This experience has been so rewarding every time I get a letter from her I get so excited!  Knowing that others are better because of my small contribution gives my life so much purpose!
Here’s my little adoptive angel- Sarai
She lives with her parents and has one brother.  Her house is constructed from bamboo, a metal roof and dirt floors.  When I began sponsoring her she was not in school, but thanks to my monthly contributions she now attends school and her favorite subjects include Bangla & drawing.  She’s a girlie girl (who like me) loves wearing dresses. Sarai enjoys drawing, playing with dolls, ice cream and aspires to be a doctor when she grows up. 

My sponsor commitment doesn’t just help my little girl – it also supports medical check-ups for the community as well as agricultural training to help parents provide sustainable crops.  My experience for the past four years has been really positive and rewarding and I encourage you to look into sponsoring a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment