Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Week in Gratitude:

The most common type of prayer is that of petition, God I want this, I need this, can I have this... I am very good at asking for things from God, but not so natural at at saying thank you. Sometimes the initial cheer caused by an answered prayer request causes me to run to share it with my family and friends before I remember to halt and thank my Father for granting my petition.  Usually, after I have shared with at least one other person I remember to express my gratitude to the One that made it possible.  Thus, this past week I kept my eyes open for any and every opportunity to express my thanksgiving and here's what I came up with.

My week in Gratitude:

Wednesday: Thankful for poetry. I love words especially when they are combined to create vivid pictures and Pablo Neruda is quite the master! 



Thursday: Thank you Father for all dog owners who walk their dogs! One thing that will never fail to put a smile on my face is the disposition of a dog with his tail flying in the air as he shares a walk with his best friend (SMILE).  Here's a dog walker I came across in LA.

Friday: Home grown avocados anyone?  I love my daddy's garden which includes papayas, limes, avocados, tomatoes, various types of chile peppers and an array of colorful flowers.  Am not sure which I am more thankful for: my daddy's garden or watching him work in it (smile).



Saturday: The dog beach makes so many dogs thankful and happy - while mine hates water he loves to romp around with other spoiled doggies.




Sunday:  Every time I listen to the homily during Mass I thank God for the changes that came after Vatican II and for being able to understand everything that goes on during the Eucharistic Celebration- I especially love attending Spanish services (smile).

Monday: Thankful for my other pet, Sunny.  This vibrant guy is a rescue that I found being harassed by crows at the park a few years ago. Though I don't like having birds as pets this lost, domesticated fellow needed a home - he's such a character, quite the trouble maker; but such a loving, singing, sweetie pie.


Tuesday: I am thankful for art.  My nephew is super creative and loves to give us his art for special occasions, he always draws things that he knows we love.  Here are some of his reproductions of my pets. 




This post made me happy, I live in a pool of abundance - God has given me so much!  It's nice to take the time to recognize His gifts and to give credit to the One that provides so much luxury every single day of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment