Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving: My Weekend in Pictures

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the long weekend.  My weekend flew in much activity. 
Thanksgiving Day went well. I managed to cook the entire meal without any incidents.  My parents and I went to Mass and got better seats than last year.  The service as usual was extremely beautiful.  The altar was wonderfully decorated.  There were three choirs and three homilies because it was a trilingual service and of course the offering dance from the Vietnamese community.  We left the service extremely filled with God’s Spirit and got home to decorate our Christmas tree.  I have an artificial tree because I feel like it’s such a waste to buy trees every year, it’s my way of being green during this season (smile).  Then I started to cook all the side dishes, my nephew was in helper mode after decorating the tree and he volunteered to be my assistant chef. We finished our labors right on schedule.  The dinner turned out great, though my mash potatoes were a bit dry.  We went around the dinner table and gave thanks concluding with a toast to God, cheers! We had great conversation recalling past years and my parents mentioned how much they loved that we started celebrating Thanksgiving Day as a family.  That made me swell with joy.

 Offering dance.
So beautiful!

On Friday, I was exhausted from my previous day of much activity, but managed to finish most of the inside decorating.  I tried avoiding the stores, I am not a black Friday shopper.  My best Friend and I went one year because our favorite store was giving away cute clutches and we waited in line for that clutch for over three hours – that was enough to never try black Friday shopping again.  We were supposed to hang the outside lights, but watched a Vicente Fernandez concert special instead (smile).
 Never too old for silliness!
 With the bride and my cousins.
It was pouring in CA.
Pretty flowers.

With my my family!

Saturday, my cousin got married and I got to hang out with my entire family (which is huge).  The wedding took place in a yacht in Newport Beach and was quite a fancy affair.  The thing about getting married in such a venue is that guest can’t leave whenever we want- we are stuck until the celebration ends, I guess that means P-A-R-T-Y.  Also, it was a tight space for our large family...  But being together and country folk- we had great laughs trying to be upper class for one night (smile).  We also had a great time in the photo booth with mom.
Advent Mary Icon.
 This year's class.
The beautiful wreaths.

Sunday, we had RCIA class (I know we are strict teachers) because we will have two weekends off in December due to holidays.  Previously, we had given the students a wreath with candles to decorate at home.  Yesterday, they brought them back fully decorated for an Advent Wreath Contest.  We had one lucky, happy winner.  Afterwards, everyone got a calendar to use as a guide to pray with their Advent wreaths at home with their families.  They also got an icon of the Virgin Mary pregnant with Jesus to place beside their wreaths at home.

I never got to decorate the outside of my house, but hopefully this afternoon.  How was your long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment