Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My Weekend in Pictures...

Hope you had a great three day weekend!  I sure did…
On Saturday, after debating on whether or not to go, I finally decided that I had to attend (for my second year) the Southern California Renewal Communities conference.  Am not sure how you nurture your spirituality, but I really enjoy attending special events because I get to see Catholicism at it’s best.  I was able to have such a great confession with a priest who really guided me and gave me some great advice.  After reconciling with God the mood of my day just completely changed… I enjoyed some great talks, worshiped God in various ways and was spiritually renewed.  During a moment of prayer I asked Saint Therese for a flower and a few hours later a girl I had just met bought me a flower crown! Wow! Wow! Wow!  After that experience I joyfully closed my day with a grand Eucharistic celebration.
Flower Power!
I couldn't resist!

This renewal helped me begin my Sunday, with a lot of hope and energy, as I begin year three of RCIA.  This year we have a smaller group only about fifteen students.  As we began introductions two students had teary testimonies – though the group is small there’s a lot of need.  So please pray for our ministry.  After a morning of such strong emotions, I picked up my nephew and we headed to the annual Civil War Reenactment that my city offers every year.  We had so much fun learning history in such a neat way, we spoke with soldiers, medics, musicians, women, General Grant, President Lincoln…  Then we caught the thirty minute war reenactment and my nephew was just mesmerized by the action.  He loved the loud cannons! Afterwards he practiced his shooting skills with some toy rifles and pistols and the rest of the weekend he couldn’t stop talking about the Civil War.  He even began recreating the Civil War in his Minecraft game- Aww my little nerd!

 With President Lincoln.
 We got to learn a great deal about how cannons operate.
I love horses!

Yesterday, after such a busy weekend- I relaxed.  After attending Mass, we went for a walk and my furry boy got to play with a dog friend.  Seeing him happy makes me so happy.  After, wearing him out at the park, we came home and relaxed just the two of us.  It was such a great weekend, hope yours was too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment