Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thrifty Thursday: Elizabeth and James Huaraches

This week has been full of those annoyances that without the proper attitude can drive one crazy… On Monday the AC in our building at work went out and it was hotter in the office than the 90 degree weather outside.  Of course we have been working on a time sensitive project and while many departments sent their workers home, we had to work in sweat shop conditions.  Also, that same day the water on our floor stopped working – meaning no bathroom access.  In addition, we were also told to work extra hours and not given the choice to do so, so that sent some of the people on my team in angry spats.  Then this morning our coffee machines died!!!  Yes, we have six different barrels of coffee that get us through our day and this morning none work!  Yet, our building management sent an Italian Ice truck for us in apology for the inconvenience the broken AC caused and I had to treat myself to frape this morning (smile).  Sometimes things out of our control have a way of accumulating to happen all at once and if we focus on the nuisances our attitude can seriously be affected.  Last night I was exhausted and I just couldn’t bring myself to take pictures so please forgive my grainy shots.  I love photography and I want to take better quality shots for my blog (that’s my new goal), but usually I take all the pics myself so be patient with me while I 
learn how to get better focus photographs.
Fringe & huaraches what fun!
Vintage Sum Spec necklaces.
Can't stop looking at my feet LOL.
My fun vintage cat clutch.

This morning while I shot the pictures I was getting upset because they look super grainy and I started having a short self-pity party thinking how this week just sucked.  Though it was more challenging than normal... C’est la vie...  We just have to make lemonade with our lemons, right (smile).  I just have to look down at my shoes because they are super cute and another great score.  So, a few years back the twins from “Full House” started a high fashion line, Elizabeth and James, and it included a small shoe line.  My Edge Huarache Sandals were part of that line and sold for $295.  On a sunny day at Goodwill, I couldn’t believe my eyes the cute sandals were calling my name, “only $5.99,” they said.  Of course I brought them home.  You could say that I adopted a pair of lost soles and gave them new life.  These puppies have been on rotation this summer, I’ve worn them an awful lot and I fall in love with them more and more.  They are just super well made, so soft and comfortable like walking on the most fashionable clouds.  Mary Kate Olsen sported the same pair a few summers back.  They also make me feel very Mexican which I love (smile).
Hair up - for coolness.

Any who, there will be weeks when things out of our control can try to knock us off our happy selves, when we feel like all we need is for a bird to poop on us and then we’re done; but, there’s always the choice to be content.  To make the best and press on knowing that blessings are constantly being placed on our path.  May, God give us the proper eyes to see goodness and not dismiss it by focusing on daily trifles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment