Thursday, May 19, 2016

As Seen on Celebrities: Barbara Bui Sneakers

Every few months, I get these days (usually a week’s worth) where I feel completely unlike myself.  It begins with this chronic fatigue where all I want to do is sleep and rest.  Getting out of bed requires so much motivation, and my thoughts also become frustrated.  I become irritable, impatient - even downcast and I just have to ride the wave until my brain chemicals get back in order.  It sucks, but as my favorite part of a verse states, “this too shall pass.”  Any who- since I have been feeling so unlike myself, I decided that today I would start a light and fluffy post series to lighten things up, about things that I have found thrifting that celebrities have worn! Yep, I have found many designer brands for a few bucks- which comes to show that one woman’s trash is this woman’s treasure (smile).
As seen on: Zoe Saldana, Charlize Theron, Kristen Stewart
So, there I was one slow Saturday afternoon at Goodwill when I came across a sparkle of silver (I am like a cat that likes anything that glows) reaching to the back of the shelve I came across these neat-o tennis shoes.  Though at first I thought they looked too hipster for my taste when I tried them on - I literarily fell head-over-heels in love.  I didn’t recognize the brand, but they looked expensive in their craftsmanship.  I found my phone and googled, “Barbara Bui” and my black leather sneakers retail for $495.00!  I couldn’t believe it, my heart was pounding with excitement and terrified the owner would return to claim her donation I ran to the cashier and paid $12.99 for an almost brand new pair of hightops.  The sneakers have a hidden heel so it gives my shortness a boost and they are constructed in such a way that the wedge is super comfortable.  I wore them throughout my Mexico trip, where I walked for miles and never got a single blister (smile).




After purchasing, I ran home and did a more thorough search (because I am a research nerd) and I found pictures of many celebrities wearing my Barbara Bui leather sneakers!  I almost felt guilty adding such an expensive pair of shoes to my collection, but for the price I paid no guilt is necessary.  So, there you have it a tale of an unwanted pair of trainers finding a home where they are totally appreciated. As I write this post, my feet are cozy in my celebrity sneakers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment