Thursday, May 5, 2016

400th Post: Gracias, What to Expect From "In My Shoes"

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Today “In My Shoes” achieves a huge milestone- post number 400!  I can’t believe, I’ve had so much to say nor that you my faithful readers have been so supportive in this journey.  Almost three years ago I had this vision to use this platform as a method for evangelization for friends and family- what I didn’t expect was that the person who would have the greatest conversion would be me.  I found my voice as a Christian woman and the rhythm for my personal faith.  This little blog helped me to discover my Catholic identity and to fall more deeply in love with God because in order to write I was challenged to get to know Him & my faith more deeply.  Cheers to that!  So, while I wanted to use my talents to reach my world- I was the one who needed this space more than anyone.  Which continues to prove what I learned long ago – that when you serve the Lord, He always returns the favor leaving you with such contentedness in your soul (smile); “When a loving person can do good for others, or sees that others are happy, they themselves live happily and in this way give glory to God, for “God loves a cheerful giver.”” Praise God for that! 

Four things you will continue to see in future posts:
DIY Projects- To celebrate my milestone I made myself Pina Colada Sangria:  
Ingredients:
2 750 ml bottles of cheap Moscato
20 oz. can of crushed pineapple, juice and pineapple
1 ½ cups coconut rum
Combine all ingredients in large pitcher. Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled.
Thrifted Finds- Sometimes, I will like to lighten the mood and share more about my bargain shopping and my desire to live green by shopping secondhand.  In addition, to sharing tips on simplifying my life- decluttering and overcoming my own commercialization tendencies.
Personal Testimony- And of course I will continue to document my big Catholic life one moment at a time.  Last night I was really bummed about John Kasich’s withdrawal from the presidential run because there’s no candidate now that represents my Catholic values.  I couldn’t even concentrate at work after I heard about Kasich’s suspension, but after I got home and spent some time alone with Papa Dios- I realized that God is still God and He’s the one in charge.  So, no matter who is in office, God will provide. And come November we can still write in the name of the person we think should lead this country (smile).
Other- I want to keep the subject matter open to anything else that might inspire me like documenting my weight loss journey, or sharing the occasional adventures that I embark in or talking about relationships from a Catholic perspective.  Am thinking of doing bimonthly weight loss check-ins to inspire and promote a healthy lifestyle change.  When I travel or attend cool events I would also like to continue taking you along for the ride through my eyes.  In addition to, sharing pieces of the various organizations that are helpful or are making the world better.  Finally, sharing the things I pick up about relationships from a Christian perspective.  We all need encouragement and am an avid reader so until I pick experience on the courtship process I will share my academic knowledge on the subject (smile). I close in the words of Pope Francis, “Love trusts, it sets free, it does not try to control, possess and dominate everything…”

Again, thanks for reading, cheers to another 400 posts! Hugs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment