Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

A few of my best friends have children; thus, I get to do a lot of kid friendly activities (when I become a parent I will have had extensive training (smile)). All of us "grown-ups" are children of immigrant parents; as children we never got to do any seasonal outings; hence, we enjoy ourselves a little too much!
Earlier today, we went to the Pumpkin Patch at Irvine Railroad Park.  While these excursions are formed around the children we can't help reliving our childhoods through the eyes of the kiddos, some of us a little more than others (wink).   It's a super learning experience to have exposure to the seasonal changes and holidays through events like these, and it supports our parks!  Though it gets really hot (in California during this fall event) and it can get pricy - we are creating memories with each other and helping shape our children. 

 Happy Autumn!

 Horsing around!

My Goddaughter & I being silly!
 Look at our Snoopy Shirts!
 Time to go pumpkin shopping!
Since, I don't have any children, I normally take my nephew or my dog depending on the event.  To be honest, when my first, best friend got pregnant I had my doubts - I was terrified that after she had the baby we wouldn't have much in common or that she would only be interested in spending time with other moms...  I would picture myself going to kid birthday parties and leaving with noise head aches and dirty clothes from all the slobber! Or worse listening to my friend's never ending stories of nothing else other than her children. During those nine months she was pregnant I really feared the change. 



 I've grown since last year!
Our relationship did change and I do listen to a lot of stories about her children (but I love these stories)... Now many other best friends have had babies and I am still friends with all of them (mainly because they allow me to be part of their lives)! I even opened a Facebook account specifically for the pictures and videos the proud parents love to display.  Now, I ask for the mommies to hand over their children so I can get my slobber session.

Change in any relationship is scary, but if you allow yourself to be open and face your fears... Magic Happens.     

No comments:

Post a Comment