Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Last Battle

I finished the Chronicles of Narnia Series on Friday night before heading out to a holy hour in tribute of my friend who passed away.  The Last Battle concluded the series.  God truly works perfectly & timely- am not sure if you have read the last novel of the series (but it soon became my favorite book out of the seven) because it describes the joy and metaphorically paints such a happy picture of the final union with all of our loved ones and Jesus at the end of time.  Characters that had died in the previous novels all returned for the finale and the enjoyable reunion was full of laughter, happiness and mirth.  Reading it felt like a preview at what heaven looks like - of our destiny into eternity: “But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before...”  God reminded me that though my loved ones will die - at the end God wins and He has promised our triumphant reunion.
Finishing The Last Battle before I went into prayer really gave me strength and more than anything hope.  I imagined my friend reuniting with all his loved ones and with Jesus our God and his premature death seemed like a celebrated trip home: “I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life...”  Though death is tough and painful God provides such a beautiful plan through the cross.  He dies to give us life everlasting! He dies to unify us to Him forever and to bring us home.  What goodness and fortune awaits all of us.
Loved the Artwork!

All books had little bits that really spoke to my heart.  I loved that Narnia has talking animals because I believe in heaven we will have the animals God selected to aid Him in leading us home- like my doggie (smile)!  I enjoyed that every time trouble came in such overwhelming forms the children called to Aslan and he would quickly jump into the story- much like our God when we call to Him in our moments of weakness.  I can’t wait to share these stories with me nephew and to watch the movies- since I have never seen any!  Art at its very best always connects us to God and thus I highly recommend these novels!  They are so beautifully fantastical, full of optimism, love and drenched in the pure Spirit of God! Great job C.S.Lewis!

No comments:

Post a Comment