Monday, July 7, 2014

Eres Mi Religion

Floating… I lay my head on the water and let go of my body trusting that the water will push me up and I will float. One with the water I open my eyes and see nothing but blue sky with sparse clouds.  My obsessive mind slowly shuts down as thoughts of God begin to emerge. A bible verse at first, then a prayer of thanksgiving- followed by whispers leaving my lips. True love forgives.  Am not sure how long I floated lost in prayer, but after entering the depths of the prayer room that throughout the years God & I have built together it's difficult to return to the world.  When I pray, especially when I do it while I am on vacation I always have a difficult time returning to my life- how I wish God would call me home at that very moment- am ready...  
Santa Barbara Mission
God is good all the time!

Over the weekend my friends and I went to the beautiful Santa Barbara for a short getaway. Among the fourth of July celebrations, touring some of the most popular sites, enjoying a glass of wine at one of the wineries and simply relaxing in the pool I return to my routine more rested, relaxed and so in love with God.  God knew that I needed to get away to return to Him (again).  To run into His arms and renew that passion that for the past few months I have been lacking.  I feel like God is calling me into a deeper relationship with Him - into a more grown up love.  After months of dryness the simple act of calling to Him while I floated on the hotel swimming pool renewed me inside.  I think that’s probably what most marriages and relationships require- constant renewal.
Mis amigas del alma.

On Sunday, as we made our way to the Santa Barbara Mission one of my favorite ManĂ¡ songs came on the car radio, “Eres Mi Religion”…  The song debuted in the fall of 2002, when I was madly in love with my ex-boyfriend and this song was a song that represented who he was to me at the time.  The lyrics speak of a man who was so depleted in an utter state of devastation - and love came into his life in the form of a woman and she became his all- his religion.  That’s how I used to feel about my ex-boyfriend and when the relationship ended I was shattered.  I know I am not the only person who has placed all hopes on a human being only to then become utterly hurt.  As I listened to this AMAZING song before exiting the car to tour the grounds of the mission I realized that God is my religion now!  How fitting that this song would come on the radio at this specific moment to remind me of my spiritual growth and to woo me into a deeper love con mi Papi Dios.  Only God will never disappoint, heal and love unconditionally with such a strength that having Him alone is enough: “Eres Tu mi bendicion eres mi Luz eres mi Sol.. eres Tu mi religion…”
Enjoying the parade with my beautiful Goddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment