Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One Year Blogiversary


Happiness is completing a goal!  A year ago today I embarked on this blogging adventure and while the idea of starting a blog had long before stirred in mind it wasn’t until the last day in July that I finally broke the seal.  At the time I had many ideas in my head about what I wanted to do in this space and I think that’s evident during the first all-over-the-place posts.  Eventually, I took an uncomfortable leap and decided that I could no longer hold or hide my love of God and as He once invaded my life He also consumed my blog.  The moment I decided to write personal reflections about my conversion story the blog started to become more guided and focused.  While my objective was to expose my loved ones to God and my faith and hopefully begin a dialogue in Christian spirituality, I soon realized that though many friends were reading my posts the one who became most converted was myself.  As I sat and wrote my simple thoughts three times a week (fearing hypocrisy or elevating myself spiritually) I always attempted to be honest and portray my wretchedness and highlight God’s goodness.  In addition, it’s been important for me to steer away from overtly theological pieces and just write about Penny in Christ because when I read blogs I like to learn about people while my theology I get from more credible sources. Noticing that there weren’t many blogs that highlighted the young adult Catholic faith and seeing a need to show people that (us) Catholics lead normal lives and are not always found praying the rosary (smile) God continued to lead my blogging path.  In addition, I felt a strong desire to share with my loved ones the fulfilling experiences that I live daily in my walk with my Lord.
At the closing of my first year, I began experiencing mixed emotions on whether to continue this space or to end it- after all my goal of writing for one year has been met.  I still haven’t fully decided the changes that I will be making, but I know that I will continue to write- perhaps less times a week – I haven’t fully made up my mind on the subject.  As I mentioned earlier I began this space with the desire to evangelize and the one who became the most evangelized was me.  Writing my thoughts challenges me to really think about my faith and what I believe, thus, every entry I write I try to express my view honestly.  Expressing my thoughts here motivates me to become more like Christ and sometimes the growth it provokes seems happening all too quickly and uncomfortably.  Yet, I know that God will never take me to where His grace won’t protect me (smile).    
At this time I would like to thank you and all my faithful readers- thank you for encouraging me, for commenting, for your messages and simply for reading!  This has been such a positive experience and I owe part of it to you.  

Happy One Year Blogiversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment