Monday, October 10, 2016

Celebrate Your Feminity with a Nice Dress

On the eve of International Girls Day, I bring a healthy dose of femininity.  While I live mostly in pants, on occasion I like wearing dresses.  I recently found this dress at Savers and loved the floral print, while I don’t like wearing sleeveless “anything” I knew I could pair this dress with a pink tee from a previous purchase.  I think the combination turned out super cute.  A healthy relationship with maxi dresses is also developing - when the trend first began I didn’t really find the cuts sold flattering, but recently I have found some thrifted scores that I love.  With a bit of creativity I have also managed to make them look modest (for the hot temperatures) by adding a tee underneath and I am really digging the look.  I love being a girl and expressing my femininity through fashion.  I also think it’s important to embrace our girliness in our appearance because Catholic men are attracted to women that look like women- as are Catholic women attracted to manly men.  We find beauty and sanctity in our gender differences because God made us compatibly so.  Sometimes, I think Catholic women forget the power of our outer femininity or dismiss it scared to fall into the sin of vanity, but a healthy physical appearance can do wonders for the soul.  An older lady (at a senior home that I used to volunteer at) once told me, “When you are feeling downcast always try to look your best- you won’t believe how a nice appearance will make you less sad.”  I think that’s a gem of old age wisdom, because when we look good we do feel good. 
 The glitter purse is a gift from my BFF, Dollar likes it a lot. 
 Just on three items I would have spent $194.50, but my good thrifty genes helped make this outfit just shy of twenty bucks at $18.49!  I also look a bit grumpy (here) because my nephew kept goofing off instead of taking my picture- that's what happens when you employ a free photographer!
I love animal print, grr!

Sometimes, I struggle with looking at myself in the mirror because of my current weight - that’s my insecurity, every woman has that one flaw that if they focus on it, they can miss that we are wonderfully made in the image of God.  Yet, even at this weight when I dress up I feel pretty darn cute (smile).  It also helps that my family always compliment and puff my ego just a tiny bit (smile).  There’s power in our femininity – even in the superficial dressing up part of it.  So own it, wear that flowery dress, the glittery purse, those leopard sandals- and if you really want to be wild wear them all at once!       

No comments:

Post a Comment