Thursday, April 21, 2016

My Week In Pictures

When I left high school, I thought that life was only those moments that stay with you forever, yet life happens every single day in the ordinary.  In our daily routine change is happening, take the time to enjoy it, to thank God for the blessings that often get overshadowed by busyness, to praise Him for the ordinary and to show gratefulness by simply enjoying what you have.  I enjoy routine, so my weeks mirror each other; yet, I love my simple life.  Every day there's something I look forward to, here's a look at my week in pictures.

 Today, Thursday:
Good Morning, when I'm at the office I always begin my morning with a cup of coffee in my favorite mug!  This is me bright-eyed-bushy-tail, ready for my busy day... I work East Coast hours, so I begin my day quite early.  Then on Thursdays after work I take a workout class at my gym- on Thursdays is Piloxing with Leslie so much fun!

Last Friday:
I am trying to take Zumba classes on Friday nights to get a routine going.  Even after signing up for classes, I was still intimidated by not being able to perform, but after facing my fears I love the class!  The instructors are really nice and they have various levels so that we all go at our own pace.  Though I suck at following steps, I think with practice I will get the choreography down (smile)! 

Saturday:
Saturday's are usually my one complete free day where I can schedule things or leave it open to just relax at home.  Last Saturday, I visited an orphanage in Mexico and on a wall (in the girls dormitory) was this painting.  It's so big that it takes an entire wall! I had never seen this image of Jesus with an angel before and I love it!  It made me happy to know that the kids get to see this image everyday and know that God loves them.

Sunday:
Can you believe another RCIA year is about to come to a close... Time moves so quickly.  We have about five more classes before the term ends so we made gifts for our students which will be presented on their "graduation day" also known as the last day of class when they will be presented with their Certificate(s) of the Sacraments received.

Monday:
Monday nights are my school night. This quarter I am studying the Book of Psalms and while at first I was apprehensive about the teacher and her teaching methods, I am actually enjoying the class.  It's not as academic as I would like, but I get to try various praying techniques and that's pretty cool too.  The group work has also forced me to get to know my classmates and they are a hilarious bunch, we have funny homilies to look forward to from this batch of deacons. 

 Tuesday:
On Tuesday, I met this little guy, he's the first born to one of my friend's from my seasonal Bible studies group.  She and her husband are super excited to have been blessed with a little angel of their own.  So, my family in Christ just keeps growing (smile).  Also, on Tuesday nights I was recruited to greet people at the door for our Alpha program so for a few weeks this will be my new Tuesday gig.

Wednesday:
So, I was supposed to go to Zumba class, but then we had an escape situation - my neighbor's dog got out and I had to quarantine her in the backyard until her parents got home.  This gave Dollar an impromptu doggie date.  They had a blast together even though I had to miss class, but I'll make it up tonight.  Sometimes, making my dog happy is priority. 

There's this quote I like about how day by day nothing seems to change, but when you look back everything is different.  So, let's carpe diem (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment