Monday, April 25, 2016

Happiness is a Clean Room

Over the weekend I finally got around to completing my room decor.  Though, I still have to tackle the closet and reorganize my books- my room is looking quite nice.  The best part is that I managed to decorate completely with thrifted items!  There’s something quite exciting in going into a second-hand-store and finding random bits that together slowly begin to come together.  It’s a labor of patience because one finds things gradually not all in one visit; but, when I find a treasure it makes the wait worth it.  You ready to tour my room- the place where my dreams begin… 
First, sorry for the poor quality, the sunlight coming in made some shots quite blurry...  My bed is compromised of mattresses on the floor due to one aging dog, but even so I love how it turned out.  This is where I take a fifteen-minute breather after work everyday, where I read my books and where I pray...
 I added the "some bunny loves you" egg that my nephew gave me for Easter to this shelve otherwise it looks just like it did last time I showed you. 
 
 My prayer station has a small figurine of the resurrected Jesus (which I bought for a buck fifty) and my brand new two dollar journal.  Though I have many journals I had to buy this at a yard sale because it matches my decor- it's also a prayer journal that's beautiful inside.  I want to change my altar seasonally - thus the resurrected Jesus was a godsend!
 I added a pillow to my bedding, it has a bird and a three-dimensional rose- it was a Goodwill $2.99 score.
 I had been looking for a single ball tree for quite sometime and I finally found it for $4.99 at Savers.  Though, originally I was thinking just solid greenery, this one has small white flowers that complement the color scheme.  I also found this dress mannequin for five bucks at a yard sale and it looks fantastic displaying my necklaces! 
 My nephew's artwork is also on display throughout the room, he gave me these pieces for special occasions and they make me smile when I look at them.  And I found this small frame with the key that unlocks my heart (smile).
The biggest change was my vanity set... I've had this drawer for over ten years and I love it because it's made out of real wood.  I bought it at a yard sale years ago, the man who sold it to me told me that he had made it for his daughter so the craftsmanship is phenomenal.  This is the third time I have painted it and it looks brand new!  I also found pretty containers to place my goodies (all secondhand).  

A leaf holds my rings.
 A small bird dish holds my watches.
 I love words- so there's a bunch of quotes on display... Here I am using my jewelry as artwork.  This frame is a cork board that I found and painted.  The necklace is the popular Bubble Bib Necklace from J-crew which retailed for 150 dollars and I found mine at a thrift store for $8.99! 
"...what dreams may come..." William Shakespeare

That's my cute thrifted room, hope you enjoyed the tour.

Part One New Year New Room

No comments:

Post a Comment