Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Parish Life

Parish life is never dull at Saint Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.  During any given week we have many great activities ranging from theological talks, bible studies, opportunities for service and just plain fun events!  Of course, the heart of our parish is the Eucharist, but there’s so many additional ways that one can form community.  Part of our spiritual journey is forming relationships with other believers that will strengthen and encourage our faith.  Jesus’ ministry displays the importance of cultivating healthy relationships and of living with a mindset of forming a Christian brotherhood – He teaches us that we were created to live in unity with one another.  Thus, to be Catholic means to get involved in parish life. 
Let God be your center.

My parish is my home away from home, when I am there I am at ease, which has not always been the case.  When I started attending church I remember that the sight of a priest would send me running in the opposite direction – I felt like they were going to reprimand me for being the worst sinner or judge and condemn me, so I would avoid them.  Then one day I came across a priest walking the church grounds with the cutest black dog and I thought he can’t be that bad if he has a dog (smile).  The doggie came over to me and Father turned out to be a really kind, admirable man.  God is awesome it took a dog to take away my misconception of priests (smile)!

Our Deacon Chef! 
 Tea anyone?
Yummy food!
The greeters.
So many vintage hats am in love!

I won the raffle!

The last couple of weeks have been busy at the Parish. We had our Women’s Fellowship Tea in which we all got to wear awesome hats and come together for a morning of camaraderie.  Our deacon loves to cook so he made some really yummy finger foods, an array of teas, fresh lemonade and yummy sweets.  We were grouped in tables and got to socialize, learn more about our faith and create community.

Time to get the plaid, the boots and the gun necklace out!
Welcome to the West!
 Time to dance!
 Fun times!

On Saturday, we had free country-line dancing lessons! I can add the “New York, New York” line dance to my list of can do dances!  It was fun to see the guys getting into it.  In addition, to those activities I attended Theology on Tap, volunteered at Confirmation classes, went to the third talk on “The Four Signs of a Dynamic Catholic,” among other events.  Take advantage of the abundance of gifts that your parish has to offer - all the events are such a great source of sustenance and a type of fun that will nourish your soul!

 Howdy Partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment