Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fall Leaves


After a week of low energy, I submerged myself in nature along with my faithful companion, Dollar.   We took an artful walk in which he chased ducks, geese, and squirrels while I danced on top of crisp fall leaves.  A guilty pleasure of mine, the sound of brown leaves underneath my feet (smile) it equates to the pleasure of jumping in puddles after the rain.  While I live five minutes away from the beach, I prefer the woods – with its tall trees, mountainous terrain and crawling creatures.  Come to think of it forests fascinate my doggie too.  I guess it’s true that dogs really are reflections of their owners.

 Relaxing ducks before Dollar scared them into the water

My feet made crispy music  

During my nature treks I have the best conversations with God.  I mean can you imagine a forest with only one type of tree and one type of flower it would be bland at best- yet everything is wildly varied and colorful – the product of His love.  I look at my dog and even he is uniquely made, his personality and his composition so easily identified in a crowd of canines by his momma.  I never have been as in love with another animal as I am with my beloved companion and to think that he came into my life quite unexpectedly. 

Fall is perhaps my favorite time of year! 
Lovely

My ex-boyfriend and I had broken up for the very first time and I didn’t know any better so I went shopping.  While at Five Points Shopping Center I went inside the pet store for a routine petting session and I came across Dollar in a lonesome cage.  All of his sibling had been purchased since my last visit and he retreated to the furthest part of the glass cage uninterested in anyone.  I tapped the glass wall several times, but there was no reaction.  At this point the astute salesman asked me to hold the terrier as an act of kindness. I hesitantly agreed and he placed my future dog in my arms and instantly I felt Dollar’s desolation.  While in my arms the hairy creature didn’t show any sign of joy, no wagging tail no wet licks of appreciation- a dying spirit that matched my own.  At the moment without thinking whether this dog would match my living situation or my personality, without thinking of compatibility or any other careful consideration that according to dog manuals every owner should examine prior to bringing a dog home I took out my credit card and made him my own.


Mi Corazon

Since then, our journey together has been pure love.  He is the apple of my eye and while I want more dogs – we have traveled together just the two of us for so long that adding a third to our pack would be an imposition, unless I find him a daddy (smile).  

No comments:

Post a Comment