Wednesday, November 6, 2013

33 before 34


I am one of those annoying people that celebrates her birthday all month long- when God told me to love myself I took it seriously!  A few days ago I was thinking about my big day and discovered that my birthday is a national event- I mean anywhere in the world on November 30th it’s my birthday (smile).  Last year I started reading blogs and one day I came across the neatest idea.   It was a list of things you would like to accomplish in the span of a year - before your next birthday.  So, I created my first "32 before 33" list of goals to accomplish.  The list included a variety of items from very silly to really spiritual. Though, I was only able to complete about half of the items on the list, I really enjoyed the process of having some type of direction.  So here’s my list for this coming year to commence on my Feliz CumpleaƱos:

33 before 34
  1. Read Complete Bible
  2. Take a Road Trip
  3. Learn a new word a day
  4. Learn a verse of scripture weekly
  5.  Hang the Chinese lanterns in my backyard that I bought last year
  6. Attend Mass Regularly
  7. Attend Adoration 1X a week
  8. Reach my goal weight
  9. Drink more Water less Soda
  10. Go Indoor Rock Climbing
  11. Hike 1X per Month (Be more in Nature)
  12. Take Dollar on creative walks
  13. Run/Walk 5K with Dollar
  14. Give Homeless person a Christmas present
  15. Be more creative
  16. Eat more Natural foods (less junk)
  17. Read More Watch less Netflix
  18.  Be in the lookout for new career opportunity
  19.  Take a college course
  20. Renew my teaching Credential
  21. Wear All my shoes in a year
  22. Start Dating
  23. Learn to dance with a partner (allow myself to be led)
  24. De-Clutter my life
  25. Learn to make Christmas cookies
  26. Write  Sarai monthly
  27. Do 1 thing on my “Before I die” List
  28. Take a lot of pictures with and of loved ones
  29. Learn to use Sister’s sewing machine
  30. Find a volunteer opportunity that involves animals
  31. Take my nephew to the snow
  32. Treat myself to an expensive Theatrical Performance
  33. Hopefully meet my husband… (this lies totally on God’s will)
If you decide to create your own list, I'd love to know how it goes (wink).

4 comments:

  1. Us Leo's know how to celebrate our birthdays all month long.. so you go-girl! Proud of you for sticking to your list and experiencing as much as possible. BTW....I look forward to your holiday cookies (hint, hint)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do! I have a cute lady at my parish that promised to teach me to make Italian Christmas Cookies! Glad to know I have a a willing subject to test them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! I wish you the best of luck with this, and I hope to see you on (or near) your birthday! ;-)
    xoxo
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaby your suggestion to celebrate with the teens sounds very swell. LOL See you soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete