Monday, August 6, 2018

Top Five Thrift Shops in OC

I have been asked numerous times to disclose the locations of my favorite thrift stores.  Thus, I figured I would dedicate a post on the locations in Orange County where I usually shop at.  Some people believe that like in real estate location is key in finding good deals, to some degree I guess this plays a role, but I think that it’s just a matter of luck and persistence.  My top thrift stores have more to do with the fact that they are located within minutes from my home than being known as posh locations.
Salvation Army 17362 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA
This is probably the store where I am most frequently at because it’s literally behind my house, the staff and I are already on first-name basis.  The store is one of the dirtier shops, but I tend to find quite a lot of treasures beneath the dust.  The staff also already know what I like so when I am there they point me to things that they’ve just received. 
OC Goodwill Boutique 18631 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA
This is a fancier thrift store hence “boutique,” so sometimes prices can run higher.  They get a lot of things in brand new condition, usually castoffs from Target.  The inside is very clean and well organized.  Every day they have color of the day markdowns so pay attention to those when shopping at any Goodwill.    
Anyone need a Franciscan band?

Goodwill at 97079 Adams Ave, Huntington Beach, CA
Am not sure if the manager of this store has a thing with Feng Shui, but in the years I have shopped there the inside of the store gets moved around quite often.  I might be crazy, but when the shoe area is in the middle I tend to find better things (smile).   There’s nothing remarkable about the store just your typical Goodwill. 
Goodwill Store & Donation Center 2118 Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA
Sometimes when I need to unwind from a hectic day at the office, I’ll take a lunch break and drop in this store.  This is a little gem of place, the first time I stopped by it was so dirty that I thought I would never return, but recently it has been remodeled.  New management have improved the store quite nicely so it has become a place where I can go when I need a little downtime.
Salvation Army 16119 Brookhurst St, Fountain Valley, CA
At this location you can find quite a lot of furniture.  A funny story, I once found a piece owned by a well-known celebrity.  I came across this white leather with silver studs sofa chair and along with the price tag it had a message that it had been used by in a Katy Perry music video.  Not sure if it was a sales gimmick, but it worked because it sold immediately.
Savers 9091 Garfield Ave, Fountain Valley, CA
In terms of prices I think this can be one of the more expensive stores, but it’s also very clean and organized.  They have the BEST used book section than any other thrift store I have ever been to and their books are actually organized by genre.  The books are higher priced than your usual thrift store, but they are still a bargain.  A tip of advice, if you go and take a donation you will receive a thirty-percent coupon which you can use on your purchase.   

Hope you enjoy exploring some of my favorite shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment