Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kiss Your Bad Day Away

Have you ever seen the sun hiding behind the clouds, you know the sun is there, but the clouds keep it out of sight.  Bad days are like dark clouds that cover the light of God.  Though, through faith I know God is with me and even more present during difficult times, sometimes the negativity is so great that all I see are hovering clouds.  Yesterday, was one of those mornings where I wished that I had remained in bed because everything seemed to go wrong.  Daily struggles with my boss and health related things brought me really down.  It was one of those days where the theme was nope you are not getting a break today.  After work, I got home exhausted, rolled into bed and craved for the day to be over.  Yet, worries and dark thoughts continued to dominate my mind and I seriously just wanted to give up on the day and begin again the next morning.  However, through family, friends and art God helped me get out of the morning funk.  I arrived home to the usual celebration thrown daily at my arrival by my cute dog, then my nephew invited me to watch “The Chipmunks” (one of my favorite cartoons), then my friends insisted I join them to see a free screening of “Little Boy.”  Though I seriously didn’t have the energy to be out, I am glad my friends insisted on me accompanying them- they listened to me vent, hugged me and their company really put ointment on my morning hurts. 
I had seen “Little Boy” when it was released in theatres earlier this year, but watching it again helped me realize how dumb I had been for letting small challenges get to me.  There’s people out there with serious problems, mine will be ok with a few phone calls and a little persistence.  While watching the film, I realized how self-centered I had been all morning (focused completely on myself and my problems) so much so that I momentarily lost my hope and sight of God! Once my focus shifted I began to see my bountiful blessings. We even got to meet the cute eleven-year-old actor who plays Little Boy! Before the movie started he introduced the film with a short motivating speech that really touched my heart.  By the end of the night here’s what I learned about bad days:

Friends & loved ones make a difference- Bad days are better when faced with people we love.  My family was very supportive yesterday as I explained issues I was having with new doctors and medical insurance challenges. My friends too listened to my bad day and they didn’t offer solutions they just listened and sometimes that’s enough.

The Day Can Change- even if your morning or a few hours of your day has gone bad with a change of mental focus things can get brighter.  Instead of sulking by myself for the remainder of the day I tried to focus my mind away from my problems.  After all worry is a passive act, quite negative to the soul and God warns us against it.  Thus, I trusted God with the things that are out of my control and saved the things that I can do for a new battle today with refreshed energy.

God will shine through the clouds- As I drove to work this morning I looked at the sky and saw that even though the clouds covered the roundness of the sun they did not manage to keep its rays from shinning around and even through the clouds.  God is with us always until the end of time- and no amount of negativity can separate us from Him, but we have to desire His light above all.  In times of trial we need to refocus our eyes on Him who is greater than any problem (smile).

With God there are no bad days – only challenging moments- because God loves you and when you are loved as He loves us- it’s difficult to lose one’s smile and confidence. When I have nothing positive to say I rather not write- so forgive me for not writing yesterday and remember that, you are amazing just the way you are and "when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while, because you're amazing just the way you are..."
Morning serenade for you :)              

No comments:

Post a Comment