Thursday, March 13, 2014

On-Line Dating

On the anniversary of my one month subscription to Ave Maria Singles dating website – I thought I would fill you in on how the husband search is coming along.  The site has been a great disappointment (I know that it’s too soon for such harsh criticism), but there are only a few members that live in California.  The ones that are in California are too old, too far or not interested.  Out of the bunch of California residents (including the ones that live far) there were only six guys that caught my attention and I sent a quick hello and only two replied.  Those that replied told me that they were in the process of talking to someone else.  The other four read my hello, but didn’t reply.  There was one man that sent me a hello, but sadly he wasn’t my type and lives in Pennsylvania.  I am not opposed to moving, but I would rather live near my family.  One month into this online dating and I have given up (dramatic sigh).  Not really, am giving the site six months before I plan my next move – though I have already signed up for the National Catholic Singles Conference (smile). 

Joining the site has not been all bad, I have learned a great deal.  After a brief psychoanalysis on why I was not attracting any suitors, I realized that am happy with who I am.  For a minute I allowed myself to have a brief moment of what’s wrong with me?  Why are men not replying to my advertisement (smile)? Am I too liberal or not Catholic enough for the men on this site?  Slowly I realized that my destiny is in God’s hands and only He knows when my Mr. Right will come along and I am happily waiting.  It’s funny I was talking to my Catholic friends about my experience on the site and after many giggles I confessed the short identity crisis I was experiencing.  In matters of two, I like to take responsibility for my role in the relationship and I was sharing with them that maybe I am not conservative or reserved enough for this particular site.  I shared that maybe my love of emotional icons, or my way of communicating always with a bit of silliness was not something that men found attractive – or maybe I had chosen the wrong pictures…  In the end, they helped me realize that I am who I am and I like green eggs and ham (smile) and I needed to stop fretting.  Friends are awesome!
Tory Burch Sandals, GAP Dress & Belt, Gold Accessories

I think that we single Catholics need motivation to press on, especially when it seems like no fruits are being produced.  Just think all of our failed attempts are only steps closer to our destiny.  It is at times like these when we feel like we are walking through a desert barren with only an occasional tumbleweed that we need to rely on God for strength, guidance and hope.  Thus, I enjoy sharing my journey towards my spouse, not because I am desperate, but because it’s part of my story.  So stay tuned and prayers are appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My profound friend maybe you can be a guest writer on here (smile). Thanks for reading it makes me so happy to see your input on here. TQM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is beautiful every moment of the journey even the droughts and unhappy times for they provide experience to measure our happiness, thus, have more grateful spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good continuation of our analysis performed during the cruise my dear Sonia; so, it is much appreciated that you shared the new inputs that reinforce the stablished vision, that I am pretty sure it has its refresh each time "tumbleweeds" appear as signs or clues that guide us to continue walking focused in our Lord, specially in this desert which works as a metaphoric representation of our current single time, as our current lenten time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried OKcupid? Or any of the big websites like match or eHarmony? Bigger pool would mean better chance of selection. I met my wife on OKCupid.

    ReplyDelete