Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Starry Night

Freedom of the Seas our ship...

Early in life my brother in heaven challenged me to live my life without regrets- he being 11 years older made him my wise man.  One night while having one of our deep discussions he confessed that he regretted being so shy and not taking risks because of it, “I look back at the opportunities I lost due to fear and my hope is that you, Penny will have the courage to take rejection with strength and dignity.”  Perhaps because he has gone to be with the Lord his words hit and inspire my life in such a profound way.  He becomes most alive and present when I remember his bits of wisdom and tender moments trapped in yesterday and he continues to inspire and accompany me deep in the valleys of my heart where he resides.  And it is to him that I owe this risk of traveling miles from home in search of romantic love.  Maybe he and I are two “fools in love” as Jane Austen would cleverly say; but, regardless I took a leap of faith and found love in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean underneath the great, black sky.
What I wore: Sunday Mass January 26th
What I wore: Sunday Mass Feb 2nd
Possibly the reason I went on my second singles cruise was of this material world looking for a man to love and the feeling reciprocated, but it wasn’t God’s timing.  Instead I found love on a floating retreat a love so rich that it satisfies even when the flesh yearns for hugs and kisses.  God called me to the middle of the ocean to take me once again into an all-consuming embrace and to show me that He is enough.  Underneath a starry night more beautiful than van Gogh's as I freely dance He wrapped me with the wind and we danced our first song as two great lovers; “I am my beloved and my beloved is mine.”    
Fun with mis amigos!

While you my friends (as I also allowed myself to hope) might have been waiting for a great romance and might feel the disappointment like I myself felt at first know that my trip was fantastical I’ll write more about it in the days to come because my love story continues... (Smile)     
Cooling off at Saint Maarten
Dancing Under the Stars!!!

"All that I am I place in your loving hands/ And I am Yours, I am Yours" 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! And of course, the status of this story is: To be continued! :)
    Sisters in Christ because we come from the love and we're destined for love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellas palabras y asi es mi NiƱa Bonita, the story continues :) Love you and will you believe I miss you already. Jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! And your pictures are lovely. And you are a lovely person with a great smile...I am sure God has great things in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rose, I rest knowing that His plans are greater than mine. God's love.

    ReplyDelete