Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Make Me an Instrument of Your Peace

Glory to Glory Retreat

 I received my Valentines a week in advanced…  After thinking that I would be too tired to serve at the Confirmation retreat this past weekend and spending all last week stressing about finding the energy to lead a small group of girls for three days - God just spilled His energy in me!  Also the worry that I would have to leave my dog for a few more days (so recent after my vacation) created a deep guilty conscience, but he survived…  Then on Friday after a long day of work and sometime getting lost on my way to the retreat location I continued to worry about how I would manage to wake up for work on Monday after so little sleep in the coming days…
My Valentines...
My Girls!

The Bible makes multiple references to “do not worry” probably because we need to be reminded time and time again to trust in the Lord...  The death of a dream or the beginning of one usually leads me in journeys where I lose my peace and begin to dump my hope thinking I know best.  And of course the recent shattered fantasy that I created about a romance that never came to pass challenged my peace. While I attempted to remain firm in my faith- I had a childish moment of “why me?”  Thus, the retreat being the weekend following my vacation was so perfectly timed- God truly is omniscient because during a weekend of serving others I regained my trust in Him and now I know more than ever that there’s no one I would rather follow and though at times I will fall in my distrust or in my hubris, God is it for me!  I love Him SO much, I love His philosophy, His way, His truth… and to be able to share my most valuable possession with the youth has been such a gift. 

Morning Leader Meeting 


One of the great things about being single is that I have a lot of time to focus on activities that perhaps if married and with a family of my own -I wouldn’t have the time for.  It’s also a matter of living in the present and giving my all right now for God’s use.  I love the “Prayer of Saint Francis,” (Make Me an Instrument of Your Peace…) in which he yearns for God to use him.  My hope is that God will use me daily to bring His love to others too.    
What I wore to Mass this past weekend, my Jesus sweater & jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment