Thursday, February 13, 2014

100th On Online Dating

Today is a very special day – It’s my 100th post!  It’s also St. Valentine’s Day a day reserved for love and all things romantic.  In my early twenties I used to be one of those people that boycotted the commercialized holiday and prohibited my boyfriend (at the time) from celebrating it… I wanted to transmit the message that any day should be a day for goodness, love and romance – not just one day out of the year.  However, my technique of transmitting my love message violated the purpose because every 14th of February I would ban chocolate, teddy bears, flowers, LOVE itself to prove a point (smile).  This year it has been really special because my nephew is a little older and he’s gotten so excited about the holiday.  Every day he has been working on a Valentine for each of the family members, he couldn’t keep his excitement and gave me mine after the retreat on Sunday.  It was a colorful picture of my dog and a page long poem about me & Dollar (smile)… He’s such a thoughtful kid- I adore him!
Since it’s a day of love and it’s my 100th post I would like to share that I did it- I joined a dating website!  On Tuesday at the God Among Us event I prayed for many things and one of them was for God to give me a sign on whether He thought it was the right time to try online dating and if so to direct me as to which on-line site I should join… I never imagined He would be so quick to answer my prayer, but the following morning I had an email from the coordinator of Ave Maria Singles and she was telling me that since I went on the cruise I was eligible for a sizeable discount if I wanted to join their dating site!  The thing is that I was conflicted between the Ave Maria site and Catholic Match – so I had my answer.  In addition, with the discount I was able to afford it right now.  During the cruise I asked my fellow cruise mates who are on dating sites which they preferred and I felt like the message was that stronger Catholics were on Ave Maria Singles even though the amount of members on the site is smaller- but since I just need one man the odds are still good for me (smile).

I started working on my profile this week.  The questions the site asks are really good they dig into a person’s faith.  Then I selected two great photos of me and one with my fury baby because he is part of the negotiation (smile).  It was fun to build my profile, but once I was done I was like, “now what?”  For some naïve reason I thought that all I had to do was create a profile as an obvious statement that I am single and looking then all these messages would start coming in; of course that wasn’t the case.  After the silence, I realized that I needed to start looking through men’s profiles and then send a warm message (yikes)!  At the realization of the amount of work and time that I still needed to invest – I wanted a refund (smile).  A few hours later after processing the unexpected on-line dating procedure I realized that I am in the right path though foreign I am walking with Jesus.  And I am doing everything in my power to find my man and leaving the impossible to God.  Though I haven’t contacted anyone and am still uncomfortable with the affair I am praying for humility and courage…Happy St. Valentines Day, besos!            

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say, your blog is so inspiring!! Your character flows through your writing, it's such a joy to read!
    I hope God blesses your online venture with success (and by success, a faithful, God loving man!). I myself have turned to the online world, and find it a very positive experience!
    I can't wait to read future posts!
    Love,
    A fan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging words and for reading... God is good when I need a pick-me-up or confirmation that I should write on, He tells me so - this time through you. God bless you in your online dating journey too, don't be a stranger. Hugs & Kisses!

    ReplyDelete