Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Heavenly Visitor the Infant Jesus of Prague


God always gives us what we need.  This morning I discovered that we have a little visitor in our home, a small statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague that has been making its rounds within our family.  My sister’s mother-in-law shared it with my sister and my sister shared it with me.  “My mother-in-law has a great devotion to him, you need to pray with faith that God will hear our prayers,” she said.  Devotions can bring us together and that’s why they are important to me, there’s history and this passing down of tradition and prayer to be shared.  Traveling images can give us hope that we are not alone, that we have community to help us get through difficult times and they also remind us that God is listening and will provide.
My sister showed me the small saint statue with such love, she explained the history within her in-law’s family detailing their devotion to Baby Jesus. She told me how the small pilgrim had been traveling from home to home and landed at her sister-in-law’s house where he has resided until we were blessed with his visit.  The way my sister so lovingly talked about the little statue points towards something greater than the porcelain figurine, this small image elevates us towards God in hope and in prayer.
I like having tangible access to God. I love that our faith is not afraid to use the material to point us towards higher truths, thus this little traveler landing in my home gives me so much encouragement.  I feel like God is here with me, like he wanted to make sure I know that during tribulation he has not abandoned me.  That my sister shared the beautiful image with me is also quite moving because she doesn’t want to keep hope in God to herself, she wants to share it.  While she has need for God and her mother-in-law shared it with her recognizing her need, my sis didn’t want to keep that gift to herself she wanted to share it also recognizing that others need Him too.  I want to learn more about the little figurine starting with his history .  In the meantime I am just happy to have him taking residence in my home, reminding me that God is ever so present.

No comments:

Post a Comment