Thursday, January 12, 2017

What I Have Been Up To

This week I have been sick mostly in bed only making it out to go to work.  I have been fighting the flu and my body has been sleeping while it battles to recuperate.  This year one of my goals is to spend more time at home, but this is not what I had in mind (smile).  On A good note, I was able to read all of my Fawcett Crest Peanuts books which I can now donate and have a little less clutter in my house.  The comics are hilarious, they remind me of my childhood.  Take this one for example, Lucy refusing to hold Charlie Brown’s hand because she’s “not going to hold hands with any boy.”  I think mom taught me that lesson at a young age too in “what a decent girl does and does not do.”  
This strip would make a great opening to a chat on modesty (smile). Growing up we didn’t own a car so I found myself accompanying mom everywhere on the bus, this way of transportation is quite time consuming.  While we walked to the bus stop or waited for it to arrive there was a lot of time to talk and my mom has a weakness for conversation.  During these moments we would talk about all sorts of things, but what I remember most were her lessons on being a woman with great dignity.  I think she went over the holding hands lesson in a way a parent would teach a child about the dangers of drugs.  “If you let a man hold your hand, he will only try for more next time…”  When I was a kid I didn’t question her ideas when I was a teenager I laughed and told her holding hands wasn’t a bad thing; yet, she never changed her position on the matter.  As an adult I see the importance of her teachings.  It’s a matter of protecting myself and others from sin because drug addicts don’t begin with the hardest drugs first.
The other part of my rest was looking at this face!  He’s too funny and hates water unless it’s for drinking.  When it rains he gets all spooked because rain in California is a rarity.  Trying to get him to go outside to do his business is quite an ordeal and he will hold it until the last minute too, TMI!  There’s this dog that lives in my neighborhood his name is Hershey.  Hershey loves puddles.  He will splat, lay, walk, jump… getting soaked is his passion.  Dollar likes to play with Hershey, but when Hershey goes into puddles Dollar just stares at him from a safe distance.  Dollar's just a clean dog, hates getting dirty especially moist dirty… You should see him hide when it’s bath time.  He goes under the bed or kitchen table in hopes he will get out of showering!  He takes the rain with the same dislike.

Next week I will come with better content, I promise.              

No comments:

Post a Comment