Monday, January 6, 2014

Wasted Days


Wasted days… Sometimes I love to take a day off and do nothing at all… To give my dog a full body massage if I feel like it.   Or paint my nails a funky shade.  Or curl up in my bed listening to soothing, classical tunes and eventually traveling into the depths of a mystical novel.  Lately those calm days are a thing of the past, business rules and everything seems like a dreaded chore – my body & mind are asking for a retreat…  Later in the month I will be going on a Caribbean cruise, but at the moment that feels so distant.  I have been trying to discern how God wants me to fill my days, what activities I need to do and which I need to let go.  It’s a trying battle finding balance…  I am such a complex being at times needing so much to be happy.   I think of the saints and how much they did during their lives and feel guilty over wanting time off to be just with me. A day of staycation…  That sounds great curling 0n my sofa with my doggie and a hot chocolate mmm…  My kingdom for a lazy day (smile).
Stop & smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment