Thursday, January 16, 2014

Enjoy the Silence

I took a few days off from all my activities to reposition, re-energize and re-organize myself.  Sometimes in the rush of everyday life I get so lost in doing things that I forget why I am investing my time and life in those pursuits.  After the holidays I decided that I needed to do less and the things that I have discerned to continue working on - I have to do them terribly well.  Writing in this space is still something that I want to continue doing, but am thinking of adding some order because so far I just write about anything that pleases my fancy and the reason I started this blog was to evangelize, but not by writing theological pieces, but rather personal narratives of my own journey with God.  I don’t like to preach my faith to my loved ones- in fact I think that it is not one of my strengths.  Prior to my returning to my faith I HATED people who wanted to argue their way into forcing me to believe in God, so much so that the more people tried the harder I resisted.  Thus, that is not my approach. I like Saint Francis’ method: “preach the Gospel always, and if necessary, use words.”
Resting in Silence...

After much thought and prayer I have decided to break my writings into the following topics which will include an array of my personal Catholic life.  I decided to categorize my weekly thoughts into a Modesty Sunday, a Life Style, and a Random Day post.  In addition, I will add a Catholic of the month post recognizing a person in my life that motivates and challenges my faith.  Thus, in the coming days you will see some changes happening here.  I will further define what each of the topics will include and why I decided that I needed to make those changes.  I still will try to write three times a week, though am considering going back to school – but we will cross that bridge when we get there.  These past months writing in this space have been such a blessing- I feel stronger in my faith and more willing to share it; therefore, it was easy to realize that I needed to proceed with this activity.  It’s nice to relax sometimes and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you because He leads one on wonderful new adventures.

It has been six or so months of trying to join my two lives together (my Christian life and my non-Christian) and writing about it here has helped unite my life into just my Catholic life.  Before I used to keep my Christian and Non-Christian friends separated fearing a quarrel between the two, but since “the integration” things have been peaceful (smile). An aside: I’ll share about the integration later…  God bless you, my friends.  

2 comments:

  1. Long time, no comment! :-) Haha... you are thinking of going back to school? I thinkt hat's awesome! I am also super excited to see your changes for the blog. They will be fantastic! Super excited to be retreat leader buddies again! ;-)

    God bless,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola my bestest retreat teen disciple!!! Looking forward to a weekend long retreat with you and God and the rest of the Gang. Don't tell anyone, but I have the best partner!!!

    ReplyDelete