Monday, October 11, 2021

Rite of Admission

Yesterday, I finally had my Rite of Admission in my Secular Franciscan Order!  After years of being on hold, first because we didn’t have a spiritual director and then because of Covid; I felt like I would never leave limbo.  Many times, I asked God if this path was really what He wanted for me because I felt like the longest person in formation.  Yesterday, when I finally was able to take the next step and participate in the Rite of Admission I was utterly joyful.  I felt the giddiness I felt when I celebrated my First Communion!

The short ceremony was so utterly beautiful.  The communal prayers were wonderful.  Afterward, my fraternity gave me my first wooden Tau cross, the rule and a book to continue guiding my path towards profession.  My sponsor showered me with an exquisite bouquet of roses – there was even a couple of delicious cakes!  I was then hugged and congratulated by every member, I honestly felt like my heart would burst in thanksgiving and joy. 

Lately, I have been struggling with anxiety and the communal rite and celebration gave me so much hope, it was just what I needed.  I realized how much I have missed and needed community during these past months and I am so blessed that I have a spiritual family.  Hopefully, we will continue to meet in person and share special moments.  Even though I know my community is pretty awesome, I was still blown away by their kindness and generosity in making my day so utterly memorable. 

The wait made this moment more special (now I know how Saint Clare felt) and I am so looking forward to my profession and finally joining the Franciscans.  

Thrifted floral dress for the occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment