Monday, July 22, 2019

Back to Normal


Currently my days are filled training my new pup, I have noticed that when he gets scared, he storms off like a bullet to find safe refuge.  Only after he has assessed the situation and concluded that things are safe will he return to wagging his tail.  Sometimes, I have to coax him into understanding that all is well.  This innate reaction to seek a safe haven is built in all of us.  I know that when I get overwhelmed or just need time to think before I act – I retrieve to think of my options or just to let my feelings settle so that I can see the truth. 
I think that because lately I have been so focused on getting my needs met, I have been a bit self-centered thinking only of myself and have neglected others.  As I was beginning to get depressed, the words of a wise priest came to my mind, “sometimes depression is fueled by our thoughts constantly thinking of our problems instead of seeing how we can be a blessing to others.”  I had to be reminded that life happens even when we don’t have everything we want and part of maturing in the faith is being calm during the storm.  First, thanks for letting me vent these last few posts- I have a tendency to voice my thoughts as they are happening, it helps me to just release the negative to clear space for the good to come.

I am here, the same me with the same feelings and dreams- some things have temporarily changed, but nothing that wont soon be mended.  While I have allowed myself to retreat, to run for cover seeing things in the proper scope have made me realize that I have been overwhelmed instead of trusting that God will handle those things out of my control.  I have also been reminded that when I focus too much on myself, I miss the opportunity to be a blessing to others.  And when we open ourselves to the service of others, we see that things aren’t as bad as we thought because there is always someone facing a bigger struggle.  Service helps not only the recipients of our charity, but it also allows us to see that no matter the state we find ourselves we can always help another.  Jesus really tapped into something huge, when he said he came to serve and for us to imitate him.  Service allows us to see the truth and removes us from self-centeredness to put us in our place.  After sometime in silence, God set me free again reminding me of message I receive years ago, a message to step away from me and help another.  To be aware that others are in more dire need than me and that I can always be a helping hand that shows them the love of God. 

Silence can help us hear the voice of God reassuring us that no matter the circumstance He is with us and since He is charge, we can serve another holding steadfast to our Lord.  Thanks for letting me vent these past few posts, I will try to be a better friend (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment