Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Weekend Fun


After being sick with the flu for most of last week on Friday I finally left the house to attend the annual Young Catholic Professionals Christmas party.  Though, I was still feeling a bit weak my friends’ insisted that I leave my cave and after much motivation we carpooled to the event to have a great time mingling with other Catholics while dressed to the nines.  I was able to catch up with some friends and to get to know others a little more.  I spent most of my night with a new girlfriend talking about mental illness and our struggles.  It always surprises me to learn about others who are battling with mental illness because some of us are really great at hiding it. So, there in the middle of lights and Christmas cheer we found support in one-another.
Saturday, was a busy day that ended with a visit to Sherman Library to walk through the bright lit up gardens.  If you are looking for a place to take the little ones to participate in a little Christmas cheer the Sherman Library Christmas lights display is perfect.  Each garden is decorated differently, there’s s’mores to make, wine or hot coco to drink and even snow falling in certain areas. A beautiful place to tour and take in all the lights.
Sunday, was an extremely busy day…

Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus at RCIA…
Getting formed at my Franciscan Fraternity and meeting my new formation guide.
And closing with my Gianna’s Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap.  I have long wanted to learn to make holiday cookies and I kind of suggested this event and the leader of our club made my wish come true.  Each attendee brought a couple dozen homemade cookies and the recipe to share.  At the end of the night we each left the party with a batch of mixed Christmas cookies and a nice collection of recipes.  I also walked away with a Pope Francis bobble head trophy for winning the most cheerful outfit.
It was a great weekend full of joy just in line with Gaudete Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment