Thursday, December 29, 2016

New Year's Eve Countdown Bag Party

Since college, New Year’s Eve, has been a night spent with friends, usually involving dancing.  This year I am breaking tradition and staying home with my family.  To make things a little fun I have lured them in by organizing a countdown party.  It will most likely be a pajama affair.  I found this great idea on another blog about count down bags to do with kids.  Thus, yesterday I spent some time making my bags and hanging them garland style by our chimney.  The idea is that at every hour children will open the corresponding bag to discover what activity will be done for that hour until reaching midnight.  I decided to begin our countdown at seven PM, after dinner and Mass.  So, I decorated six bags each assigned to a specific hour inside I placed some string confetti and a piece of paper revealing the activity we will be doing.  So, far my nephew is very curious as to what’s inside the bags.  For parents with little, little ones you can adapt the times to countdown with East Coast New Year time. 
Using six lunch paper bags, print out or write down the time assigned to each bag.  Inside stick a piece of paper with the six activities that you will be doing as part of the countdown.

Examples of what I used: Print Out Times

It's 7 PM! Time to play Loteria (Mexican Bingo).
It's 8 PM! Time for a movie with popcorn and goodies.
It's 9 PM! Time to get crafty.
It's 10 PM! Time for pictures with New Year's Eve props. 
It's 11 PM! Time to make some noise and countdown.
It's 12 AM! Time for "Mint"night kisses! 
You can get as creative as you want with activities.  In a separate box I am putting all the materials I will need for the countdown.  I spent ten bucks on decorations and props from the dollar store, so the party will also be inexpensive fun.

By the way did you notice that my stocking holders create a nativity, because they do!
Mom will make Pozole and ponche and I will provide the fun! Am really excited about how the countdown will go (smile). How do you celebrate New Year's Eve?
Wishing you a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment