Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring Fashion Tendencies

Leggings, Maxi dresses & Stripes

Every year women are bombarded with the new fashion trends for the upcoming season.  This coming spring and summer: crop tops, cutout- jeans, sheer dresses and t-shirts with slogans are some of the leading tendencies for the warm seasons.  What is a Catholic-fashion-loving girl to do to remain true to her faith yet embrace her love for things pretty and feminine?  Living ten minutes away from the beach in a city that is warm almost year round and so close to Hollywood everywhere I look I see creative people embracing the changing trends.   Girls in short (and I mean short) shorts, tiny tops, tight dresses, revealing necklines are a dime a dozen.  Yet, my mother taught me better! 
Embellishments like beads and feathers are really popular.

Betsey Johnson Statement Necklace

As a Christian woman I also have a higher calling I am the daughter of the King of Kings and holding a position of spiritual royalty means that all of me including my exterior needs to reflect my conversion.  Does that mean that I can’t follow the trends or that I need to choose plain, boxy, lose and long clothes that hide my body?  Absolutely not!  Belonging to Jesus is not an exclusion from living and experiencing everyday life it’s an invitation to take Him everywhere that I go and to share His love with others.  Dressing as a person that is loved by the King requires thoughtful creativity (smile).  Not all trends will coincide with my modesty guidelines, but am a firm believer that I can still dress fashionably without compromising my spirituality.

Stripes are so in.

On this post are a few examples of outfits appropriate for godly women that incorporate some of the leading trends for this warm weather and that take into account some of the more wearable tendencies like stripes, lace, full skirts, statement necklaces, embellishments- even leggings!  I think the key is to find classic staples and incorporate one or two trendy pieces to liven the outfit and to express your unique personality.  It’s all about finding balance between the physical world and the spiritual because we are human beings alive and momentarily belonging to both spheres (smile).   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment