Friday, December 6, 2013

Four Novenas

I have been praying for you, from the moment God told me that I am part of two.  Wonder if we already met, if you are at this moment making your way to me.  I hope you are…  I feel you getting closer.  In the meantime I am exploring the deep reaches of my heart, healing all the wounds, releasing that which stands in our way and preparing for your arrival… This week I will complete my fourth Novena for my future husband – which means that for the past 36 days I have been setting time aside to pray for my soulmate and uniting in prayer with Saint Joseph, Saint Rafael, Saint Anne & Saint Valentine (smile). 
Someone wants a daddy... LOL

It all began one morning last month when I jokingly asked my mom to pray a novena so that I would find my future husband soon, and she burst out laughing.   I guess that’s what I get for always joking around- no one takes me seriously (wink).  So, the following day to express my sincerity for the favor asked, I showed mom my printed Saint Joseph Novena guide, and she laughed again!  Though, I was only going to do the one novena, friends started telling me of other saints that have prayers for “future husbands” and I am on my fourth!  Though, I began this exercise in fun – it has become such an integral part of my day.  Jane Austen very cleverly put it, “we are all fools in love,” - I find it rather romantic to pray for my one-and-only because he exists somewhere in the confinement of this planet and he is on his way, on his way since the beginning… My name written across his heart... AWW!

I was discussing my prayer adventure with a close friend who expressed her lack of understanding in regards to novenas and I am no expert, but this is what I have learnt in my short experience of prayer.  From the novena to Saint Joseph- I got to walk alongside Joseph and study his character, his love for Mary, his dedication to young Jesus and his strong faith in God. I closed the nine day prayer with a better comprehension of who Jesus’ earthly father was and witnessed the selfless love with which he loved.  I want to love like that one day (aww).  My last novena, the one to Saint Valentine has been the most romantic - in the prayer I ask God to prepare me for my spouse and to assist me in my efforts.  It’s always so nice to get God involved!  From all four I have learned to love in a way that wants the best for my beloved – and to enjoy my singleness as a time of preparation.  To be patient and wait on Him… I found some mistletoe today so if you guys see my man out there, with my name written across his heart, send him our way (wink). 
We Come in a Two-for-One deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment