Thursday, December 12, 2013

December Birthday

Tomorrow my nephew turns seven and all he wanted for his birthday was a fiesta.  He made a list of the guests he wanted to invite, chose a football theme, decided that he wanted a bounce house, to play freeze tag and to perform some of his piano songs at his birthday party.  My sister and I worked diligently following his instructions to the nose, but on the day of the party - God decided to water the plants and it rained like crazy.  The bounce house rental called to inform us that due the rain they would not be able to bring the bounce house after all.  Breaking the news to my kiddo was difficult, but surprisingly he didn’t cry - he just looked out the window and wished it would stop raining.  At which moment I told him it was time for prayer.  He looked confused, “but tia the clouds is what creates rain not God what good will it do to pray.”  After I explained that God controlled the clouds because He created them, he looked at me and said, “God, please kick the clouds to another place and clear the sky.”  He really has a way with words and no one needed to tell him to be specific in his prayers (smile).  And of course, the sky cleared soon after that!
Football Theme Birthday Party
Had to improvise- decorating cake pops instead of bounce house.
It wouldn't be a Mexican Party without a piñata

My nephew has been a blessing from the moment we found out my sister was pregnant.  She and her husband had been trying to conceive for a couple years unsuccessfully, and a few months after my brother died we found out that she was with child.  God really has perfect timing, because the announcement of my nephew's arrival gave my family (specifically my mom) the biggest reason to go on.  We had something wonderful to focus on instead of the loss.  He’s the only grandchild (other than Dollar), the only son (to my sis & her husband) and the only biological nephew that I have.  And life since his birth has been a million times more joyful and prosperous. Happy Birthday my love.
Opening presents (Dollar is smiling at the corner)
Make a birthday wish...
Mi Familia

No comments:

Post a Comment