Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Traveling Time

Bueno Amigos- it’s that time of the year when my feet get restless and my sense of adventure peaks.  When the sea looks extra appealing and the horizon calmly calls my name- yes, I had vowed never to go on another Ave Maria Singles Cruise again, but leave it to my angels to influence me to join their shenanigans.  After much prayer, God has opened doors and has enabled me to embark on another journey.  If you might recall last year I went with the intentions of reuniting with a person that I allowed myself to hope would be there and he didn’t show up.  This, year there won’t be any of that- nope, I learn my lessons especially painful ones (wink).  This year I am going JUST to be with my girls- we have managed to keep in touch the entire year, daily messaging each other and together praying continuous novenas.  In the distance we have been faithful to our friendship and it has blossomed into a blessing the type only God can bestow.  So, am super excited- the three of us got a suite and we will be rooming together…  So am looking forward to endless nights of girl talk, dancing and just plain silliness!  Our cruise group looks small and more than half of us are returning guests so please don’t expect any romantic stories I would hate to disappoint you (smile).
Ok, so I fibbed there may be a few more reasons for my return to cruising, but they all fall under the realm of spirituality.  I am escaping routine to be with God and to quiet my soul to hear His voice.  I mean daily mass, daily adoration and spiritual direction in the middle of the bluest ocean sounds sublime!  I get so inspired and do quite a bit of writing when I am on vacation.  I can’t wait to lounge, to relax and just absorb God’s creation.  Usually after I have danced until really late with my cruise angels I enjoy spending time in the vast darkness and feel the wind envelop me out in the balcony.  In the middle of the night while everyone seems to sleep I enjoy staying up late allowing my spoken words to be carried by the wind to my Creator.  Those nights I forget my doubts, and He becomes so real that I can feel Him dancing with me privately in the middle of the endless ocean under the glow of the stars.  I can hold on to Him and everything seems possible…  It’s as if He’s calling me to Him knowing the great need in my soul.  And that call is my primary reason for embarking on this adventure.
Thus, I will return to blogging in February.  Sometimes a little absence makes the heart grow fonder (smile).  Please pray for our safe travels and I promise I will bring lots of pictures and great adventures to share. Love you lots!      

4 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you get back. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny I will miss you all this year. You have a great knack of writing! Don't lose that talent :) Lud

    ReplyDelete