Monday, November 4, 2013

Do Not Be Afraid

On Saturday, our parish took a group of teens to the Life Teen annual event Inspiration at Six Flags – I was one of the chaperones.  After riding on terrifying roller coasters during the day, in the evening over two-thousand Catholic Teens gathered at the Golden Bear Theatre for a youth rally with inspirational speakers, worship music, Holy Mass & Eucharistic Adoration.  Archbishop Gomez of the Diocese of Los Angeles gave the homily and brought from Rome a special blessing for all of us from none other than our beloved Pope Francis! 
Waiting for Apocalypse...

Waiting for Viper...

I mentioned last week that God is a God of surprises because every time I volunteer He awakens and nourishes my soul filling me with His everlasting Spirit- showing me again and again that His generosity is unsurpassed!  To be present in the middle of a crowd of hundreds of youths rocking out to Jesus songs, reverently worshiping Him in the Eucharist and lost in prayer in the presence of our Savior was truly magnificent! And yes I let the tears flow because that’s the gift God has given me.  Every time I am in His presence, praying through music, I am moved beyond my usual emotions – and this overwhelming sensation overpowers me and releasing tears gives me great peace (smile).

The Thrill Seekers Group Shot!
"Whoa, hear the sound from heaven!
Whoa, a mighty rushing wind!
Whoa, we're calling for revival!
God let Your fire fall again,
It's burning in my soul"
"God is a God of Surprises!"
Do not be afraid.

Sometimes working with teenagers can be terrifying, but to help guide them towards God and see their daily progress is priceless.           
Half of our group.
"I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine"

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a blast! These are great pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure did even though you and your sis didn't join us. :)

    ReplyDelete