Thursday, May 23, 2019

Family Rosary Group

My prayer life fluctuates, but one thing is certain - I enjoy having conversations with God as I would a friend.  When I am going through a struggle, I usually seek Him as I would a friend and just talk to Him using my own words.  If something is really bothering me, I journal.  When I write things down usually, I get to the root of the problem and discovering the cause of my struggle leads to finding a solution and developing a plan of action.  Sometimes life throws at us problems that cannot be addressed in any other way than prayer.  I have organized a family rosary praying group once a week because where two or more are gathered together in His name, there God is in the midst of them.  Sometimes troubles pour, but that’s no reason to hide in defeat.  I know that the greatest moments of my transformation happened during difficulties, the greatest moments of my faith growing - of my trust in God increasing happened during the dark nights of the soul.   
Though I enjoy spontaneous dialogue with God, I also have a great devotion to the rosary.  Sometimes my words are inadequate or just lacking- it is then that I turn to the rosary to pray and meditate on the mysteries of our Lord.  For many who are not used to speaking with God, repetitive prayers help initiate this dialogue or when one is stumped and out of words this form of prayer allows the conversation to begin.  From my own personal experience, when my heart is heavy, sometimes I have no words to express, so moving from rosary bead to rosary bead reciting these beautiful prayers allows me to enter into the heart of God. 
When I pray the rosary in community, I am better able to focus on the prayers.  Everyday, before morning Mass there’s a group that prays the rosary inside my parish – sometimes I make it on time to pray it and I love that this form of prayer can be done alone or in community.  It is this group, that gave me the idea to start my own rosary group with my family.  I sent the invitation to all members and they accepted.  I know that this action in our lives is going to bring many blessings and am excited to make this a family habit- so that during the hard times we don’t crumble, but seek the Lord with strong faith that He has it all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment