Monday, July 30, 2018

Happy 5th Blogiversary In My Shoes

Year 5 of "In My Shoes"- wow, I can’t believe that I have managed to write in this space for this long!  It has meant so much to me to be able to express myself here, mostly with no reservations, and I want to continue doing so, but with more creativity.  I want to spend a little more time using another love of mine, photography, in my posts.  My nephew insists that I need to discover which saint is the patron saint of pictures because I do enjoy documenting our adventures and he’s at an age where he hates stopping to capture the moment.  Come to think of it my dog hates it too, when he sees my phone in camera mode he runs the other way - thank goodness for bribery, with a good treat both of them pose for me as many times as I want need them to (smile).
First, I would like to say thank you to all my readers for sticking with me and for the encouragement.  I notice that the posts with the most traffic are the ones where I am simply sharing my story so I promise that I will continue peeling layers of my personal faith journey on here.  Our life is a voyage towards heaven and I still have a long way to get there – so am sure that God will continue to give me material to share and hopefully inspire.  These are my thoughts at a point-in-time and I hope that’s how you take them because I am still learning.  I love the lyrics to a Switchfoot song:

 “I’m learning to breathe, I’m learning to crawl, I’m 
finding that You and You alone can break my fall, 
I’m living again awake and alive, I’m dying to 
breathe in these abundant skies…”
Because that’s how I feel, like every day is a learning experience and some days I pass the lesson and others I fail- some days my posts enlighten others not so much,  but, God continues to guide and lift me never giving up on me.  And when there’s a person that continues to cheer you on (the way God does with me) then everything is meaningful, everything is possible!  Since God came into my life I am awake, I am alive and I have peace and that’s the reason that no matter what happens I stay firm in my faith- because nothing aside from God has given me purpose, has given me peace 
Second, I want to thank God and my blog’s patron saint, Saint Francis of Assisi, for continuing to inspire me and give me courage to open my life to whoever receives and accepts the invitation.  This next year, I plan on starting a new series of introducing my friends the saints, so look for a new monthly installment of my very own life with the saints (smile).  Whether a biography, a personal testimony of my relationship with the saint or a novena that I enjoy praying with a specific saint – I do want to expand on holiness through the great examples of holy men and women that we have in our Church.
Am looking forward to spending a little more time and effort to improve this little adventure started five years ago. Cheers to what is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment